giovedì 20 ottobre 2016

Life and flow

Today I want to talk about life perspectives and choices, a topic with which I started struggling once out of the golden magic period of childhood.
Every time I had to make a life-changing choice, like deciding what I wanted to study, in which university studying it, whether to get engaged or interrupt a relationship, I felt an immense pressure upon myself. I considered my decision to be of the utmost importance, and thus I demanded from me the absolute perfection. But since I often lacked the motivation towards any particular option, I always feared about my destiny. I had a picture pretty much like the first half of the photo up there. That was exactly my thought: "What if I pick the wrong the direction?"
But then you look at the other drawing. You cannot go in the past (not yet at least, though I personally doubt about the possibility of time travel, and yes I had to interrupt the nice flow with this now too lenghty remark). Once something is done, is done. BUT, you can change it, if you want. Not by torturing yourself about which choice you did badly, but by thinking about how you can improve your present situation. Life is just one, and it keeps flowing. You just have to move in it, and look for the precious moments, working to create them. Just go with the flow.
I've thought about this thoroughly only yesterday. And sincerely, it's been liberating. It relieved a huge weight from my soul, an incredible burden of responsibility I had unconsciously put upon myself.
Let life go on.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento