martedì 18 ottobre 2016

Another day, another train

The view from the uni library is pretty zen
Today was (kind of) a productive day!
Lesson in the morning, before which I managed to wake up on time and even have time to meditate. Meditating in the morning is actually something I never tried but turned out an awesome moment of inner peace. The lesson proceeded kind of sluggishly as usual, the professor is very nice but it's quite the scatterbrain, even though the class was on pragmatism, of which I'm a self-proclaimed fan boy.
In the afternoon I continued with a paper project and was quite happy to notice how my productivity increased compared to home. Also, talking with classmates helps you a lot with the subjects, so it's really a win-win. Should start studying there more often (aand zen reasons, look at the picture).

For dinner my flatmates prepared
Shadows in between, unexpectedly cool effect
rice with the usual bunch of ingredients: bell peppers, salami (pepperoni in English also isn't it? funny since in Italian peperoni are bell peppers), tomatoes and so on. Basically when they cook (mind it's 15 people counting me too) it's always that bunch of ingredients in different forms, shapes and physical state: lasagne, pasta, rice, tacos, burgers etc. I took the habit of doing my part (i.e. washing the pans) while the others are still eating, so I can optimize the schedule. They're basically talking in Dutch all the time, and though I am happy I am starting to get an ear for the accent (I recognize it also when they speak English) and can get a general idea of what is going on, I am still stuck to "eet smakelijk" and a few more line-phrases (admittendly, I care more about keeping on studying Japanese rather than studying Dutch, also since apparently knowing both German and English is an almost sufficient condition to understand the written language).
Now I'm supposed to be reading a couple of chapters for tomorrow's class of analytic philosphy of technology. Yes it exists. Yes, it's boring. Why? It's basically engineer's talk and philosophy for mechanics. They purposefully skip those interesting philosophical question of which they know they are aware of. And no, I would not define myself as continental either. It is just in the field of technology that analytic philosophy looks pretty dull to me (and some other too, perhaps, as is continental for some other).

Ok, enough chittering, it was a good day!
Regards

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento